Bangladesh IPL match Afridi selected 700,000

Islamabad, Jan 20: Pakistan all-rounder Shahid Afridi has apparently decided to skip the Bangladesh Premier League because of his commitment at home.

Afridi insisted that he would as a substitute turn out for Pakistan against England, The Express Tribune reports. Afridi was sold at the auction for the Bangladesh Premier League (BPL) for 700,000 dollars, the top bid for any player in the auction, and was suspended to feature in the match to be played from February 9 to 28.

However, Afridi refuse to take part in the incident, saying his first choice has 'always been my national team'. 'I won't take part in the BPL. It's clashing with the limited-overs series against England in the UAE and that's my focus. My first choice has always been my national team and I'm looking forward to benevolent my best touching England," the paper quote Afridi, as saying.

But he expressed his pleasure at having been sold for the highest amount in the Dhaka sale. "I am happy that I've been chosen above many famed cricketers," but "I can only think about playing in the league when I don't have national commitment," he added. (ANI)

No comments:

Post a Comment