Srikanth confident by Indian team in Asia Cup

Mar 12: Chief selector K Srikanth is confident of a strong comeback by the Indian squad in the ongoing Asia Cup. The Asia Cup is vital for the status of the country, Srikanth told media here.

The Asia Cup is between India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Pakistan, and I think, any win will definitely boost the morale of cricket in any part of the world, especially in India and I am sure, our Indian team will do well. I am very confident, and I think, this particular contest is a very main tournament as far as Indian cricket is fretful, and I am very confident that we will do well," he said.

We will also have to accept the fact that cricket is a game; sometimes there are ups and sometimes there are downs, but I am sure we have for all time comeback and fought back and done well so if you see the Indian cricket history itself, we have always bounced back and done well. I am sure Indians will jump back and do well," he added.

The Indian cricket team:

Captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni departed for Bangladesh on Saturday, to restore their lost prestige in the upcoming Asia Cup, after their dismal presentation in the triangular series in Australia. The four-nation Asia Cup, which starts on Sunday, would conclude on March 22.

No comments:

Post a Comment