Mohammed Amir Comeback-M-Samuels Feels

Islamabad: Pakistan disgraced fast-bowler Mohammad Amir is positive about make a comeback to international cricket for Pakistan and feels if West Indies all rounder Marlon Samuels can make a successful return then he can also do the same.

Amir was sentenced to 6 months in jail in England for bowling no-balls at given times during a match at Lord's in August 2010 after fellow Pakistan cricketers Salman Butt and Mohammad Asif were also sentenced for spot-fixing.

Amir, who was 18 at the time of the thing, pleaded guilty and returned to Pakistan earlier this year.

I want to come back with my head held high, with a new spirit and as a role model. I accepted all and pleaded culpable only to give for myself peace, the Dawn quoted Amir, as saying to a news website.

Amir likened his condition to Samuels, who endured a turbulent 12-year career since his debut in 2000, having seen his bowling action question before being suspended for 2 years in 2008 for supposed links with bookmakers, and starred in the World T20 win.

If Samuels can make it then there is no reason why I can't make it, Amir said.

I am taking my comeback to be like to when I was 13 and used to think about playing for Pakistan. The difference this time is that I have had the experience. he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment